Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Apologies

I should've been posting. Not that anybody is reading, but I still should have been posting.

I received my Domperidone with no problem. It was in my mailbox within 7 days of placing my order. I brought it home and put it in my cupboard. And there it sat. I still could not decide whether or not to try it without the birth control pills or not.

Finally, two days ago, I began taking it. At this point, I figure that I need to do something to put me in forward motion. I am still on the fence about birth control, but I figure I'll start with the Dom, resume pumping next week, and see what happens. I can always stop again and go for the birth control.

I think I am procrastinating on the whole thing because I am afraid to fail. Stupid, huh? I have nothing to lose here. I have already breastfed my own children. I am not planning on adopting a child. This whole relactation deal is for the experience. Yet I am afraid to fail.

I think the core of my fear of failure is that I am afraid of how I will react if I am unable to relactate. I remember how depressed I became after my youngest weaned, and that still scares me. Also, I hate to say I am going to do something, and then not do it.

So, my current game plan is this: take Domperidone for a week, then begin pumping again. If nothing happens, I'll talk to my doctor about the pill. We'll see what happens!

No comments: